Clips has received a wide range of new fonts, colors, layouts, animated labels and stickers, title cards with education-themed designs, and more, all of which provides students and teachers with more creative flexibility to prepare video presentations and lessons using the app on the new 9.7-inch iPad.
The full release notes for Clips version 2.0.3:
- Four additional Live Title styles featuring new fonts, colors, and layouts
- Four new animated labels with vibrant colors and editable text
- Nine new animated stickers including hand-drawn arrows, scribbles, circles, and underlining
- Eleven new Apple-designed posters for creating animated title cards, including education-themed blackboard and notebook designs
- Two new Selfie Scenes on iPhone X from Disney-Pixar that put you in the “Finding Dory” reef and on the Scare Floor from “Monsters, Inc.”
- Drop shadows have been added to some labels to improve visibility against light backgrounds
- Fixes an issue that could prevent photos stored in iCloud Photo Library from displaying correctly in Clips projects
- Improved stability when deleting projects
Likewise, GarageBand has received new educational sound effects, including animals, vehicles, and counting to ten in different languages.
The full release notes for GarageBand for iOS version 2.3.3:
- New downloadable “Toy Box” sound pack with free educational sound effects, including animals, vehicles, and counting to ten in different languages.
- Use facial expressions and the TrueDepth camera for hands-free control over musical effects like guitar wah and synth parameters*
- Adds Modern Wah guitar stompbox effect
- Provides stability improvements and bug fixes
* Apple’s fine print: “Requires iPhone X. GarageBand uses ARKit face tracking features to translate your facial expressions into instrument effect controls. Your face information is processed on device, and only music is captured during your performance.”
Discuss this article in our forums
Powered by WPeMatico