Because there are so many apps available on the iOS App Store, it can be hard to find new content, and it’s also easy to overlook great older apps. Our app lists are designed to include apps — both new and old — that we personally recommend and have used over the course of the month.
- Hooked (Free) – Hooked is actually a book app that offers up short stories in a unique format — chat messages. Hooked stories are all presented as text message conversations, so it’s a little bit like you’re reading someone else’s chat history. With Hooked, you can read little bits at a time in moments when you have a free minute or two, and the stories are always engaging. Hooked is free to download with a free trial period, but unlimited access costs $14.99 per month.
- App in the Air (Free) – Whether you’re a frequent or infrequent traveler, App in the Air is a useful app that serves up details like real time flight status, airport maps, security wait times, walk time to your gate, airline point tracking, and more. It works with more than 1,000 airlines around the world, and key information like gate changes and updates to flight status are delivered via SMS. The app is free, but there are premium features like real-time flight status updates that require a subscription, which is priced at $34.99 per year.
- Timepage (Free) – Timepage is a calendar app from Moleskine, the company that makes those handy notebooks. Timepage combines data like events, maps, contacts, weather and more into a simple interface that’s easy to parse at a glance. There are monthly, weekly, and daily views, along with a heat map that lets you know when you’re busiest. Timepage is a free download, but only on a trial basis. A monthly subscription is priced at $1.99, or you can pay $11.99 for the year.
- Confide (Free) – Confide is a private and secure messaging app that’s a great way to communicate with people when you want to keep your messages entirely private. Messages sent through Confide use end-to-end encryption and disappear after a set period of time, plus there’s screenshot protection so no one can snap an image of what you’ve written. Confide is a free download, but access to features like unlimited attachments and themes requires Confide Plus, priced at $29.99 for three months or $59.99 for a year.
- Alto’s Odyssey ($4.99) – Alto’s Odyssey is the highly-anticipated sequel to popular 2015 game Alto’s Adventure. Like the original, Alto’s Odyssey is an endless runner with gorgeous graphics, but this time it takes place in the sand instead of the snow.
If you’re looking for great Mac apps that are worth downloading, make sure to check out our February list of essential apps for the Mac. And if you have favorite iOS apps, make sure to share them with us — we’ll be highlighting interesting, useful iOS apps on a monthly basis.
Discuss this article in our forums
Powered by WPeMatico